In light of recent developments in the United Methodist Church after the Special General Conference 2019, Linden-Linthicum has begun a process of discernment in order to determine the best possible way forward for us as we seek to uphold John Wesley’s rules to “do no harm, do good, and stay in love with God.” The information on this page both chronicles this process and provides context for where we currently find ourselves.
For Reading & More Information:
- To understand what happened at the Special General Conference 2019, please click here.
- For a summary of the current situation of the United Methodist Church and Linden-Linthicum’s place/response, please click here.
- For information about the Reconciling Ministries Network (and to read their perspective) as a national organization, click here.
- To understand the current UMC position on human sexuality, please click here.
- To read LLUMC’s Statement of Inclusion, please click here.
- What does LGBTQIA+ mean? Click here and here.
- For further reading on the issues facing the United Methodist Church, check out United Methodist Insight.
- For a broader reading of issues facing Christianity as a whole (albeit with a Methodist leaning), check out Hacking Christianity.